Total Pageviews

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year

Hey Crew,
  First of all, I would like to say Happy New Year to everyone.  Have fun but be safe and be careful out there!
  2011 has been quite an eventful year.  From the shooting in January of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords to most recently the death of North Korean Dictator Kim Jong-Il, and in between the deadly tornadoes in Alabama and closer to home for me, in Joplin and right here in St. Louis on Good Friday. Of course, what Gateway Blogger worth their salt would not mention the best part of this year - our 11 time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals!
  I know it is usually customary at this point for the author to come up with some sort of profound and/or pithy thought or speech for the coming year.  I got nothin'.
  What I will say is this.  I am very optimistic about 2012.  I think it is pretty safe to say that the one thing that will consume our attention will be the Presidential election.  It will be a bloody race, the likes of which I don't think anyone has ever seen before.  But I have to believe that the American people, at least enough of them will realize what a pivotal time in our history this is. 
  I am like a million other people.  I plan to start working out - more exercise, less cookies, be more organized, you know, all of those New Year's resolutions we all try to keep. Some we do, some, not so much.
  So, as 2011 slips away, I will say to all of you, 2012 is going to be awesome! See you next year, and be prepared for one wild ride!      

No comments:

Post a Comment