Total Pageviews

Friday, October 8, 2010

Hi All,
  Yesterday, I started things off by saying that I believe that Wicca and Conservatism have share a lot of the same values.  Today, I would like to explain what I mean.
  There are four basic tenets of Wicca.  -
  #1  Harm None.  This means exactly what it says. Harm none, not even yourself.
 #2  Be responsible for your actions.  Conservatives energetically encourage responsibility for one's own actions. Be proud when they are the right actions, and man up when you have screwed up.
 #3  What you send out into the Universe you get back times three.  I think that this is very similar to the "Golden Rule", which says to treat others the way you would like to be treated. If you send lots of positives, be they material or spiritual out into the world, you will get those positives back times 3. Same goes with any negativity you send out there as well.
 #4 Last but not least, Respect Nature. I think Republicans and Conservatives in particular get a bad rap when it comes to all things environmental. I don't think there is anyone who is FOR dirty air and dirty water! I think that we all want to be good stewards of the Earth. I have always thought that Native Americans got it right.  They believed that you took from the Earth what they needed, gave thanks for what they took, and then replaced what they took.
  So, I don't see many contradictions between Conservatism and Wicca.  Next time, let's touch on Christine O'Donnell and "dabbling in Witchcraft".
    

No comments:

Post a Comment